Hello MLC Instructors!
The 2021-22 season is approaching! The crisp, cool air of fall is here. Soon we’ll be seeing the first snows of the 2021-22 season on Mt. Hood. But before then, take advantage of summer on Mt. Hood – see below. And if you’re eager, please let us know you’re coming back by applying at the links below. It’s been great to see some of you this summer on and off the hill.
Last Weekend of Summer Ops
It has been a record breaking summer season with lots of happy guests enjoying the mountain’s summer offerings. This is your last chance weekend (plus Monday) to see Your Mountain Home in its summer glory. Scenic chair rides, delicious made to order food, Friday Night movie night on the deck featuring Parent Trap, music on the deck on Saturday, new hiking trails and interpretive signs – plus the smell of the mountains in the summer. All great reasons to come to the mountain this weekend to take it all in. Last season team members can ride the scenic chair for $5 (if you bring your pass from last season) or $7 if you don’t.
Job Fair on Friday – Refer a Friend
On Friday from 3:30 pm to 6 pm on the South Lodge Sundeck and Sahale Deck. Applicants will receive a free Scenic Chairlift ride and a $5 food voucher for interviewing with one of our team members. The voucher and free chairlift ride is for new to Mt. Hood Meadows applicants only – not returning applicants. However, mentioned above, it’s only $5 for last season team members to ride the Stadium lift scenic chair ride (if you bring your last season’s pass) or $7 if you don’t.
Bring a friend on Friday to the job fair, and recruit them! Even if you can’t make the job fair, you can still refer a friend. You’ll earn $50 per person. Details on how to earn your $50 and the Refer-A-Friend program are here: https://team.skihood.com/team-member-perks/refer-a-friend/
Returning Instructor Applications are Live!
If you are planning to return this season you may apply now. You won’t be the first to apply though since Walker Bolan was the official first person to let us know he’s coming back this season by completing his application in Dayforce. The second person was Tom Wong! Stoked these two are coming back this season! Who will be the third to let us know? Be sure to apply to the right position – Returning Instructor Full Time or Part Time. The links are below.
Returning Instructor – Full Time: https://us60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/meadows/Posting/View/619
Returning Instructor – Part Time: https://us60.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/meadows/Posting/View/621
New to Meadows Applicants – Come Join the Team!
If you or your friend can’t make the job fair tomorrow, that’s ok – they can apply on-line. The new to Mt. Hood Meadows experienced and non-experienced (Full Time or Part Time) applications are on-line right now. We’ve seen a huge interest in being and instructor this season! It’s going to be a great season, so “bring a friend” and share with them one of the most fun jobs you or they have had … together!
Go to this URL, then search with key word, “Instructor”:
Supervisor Positions – Spend 100+ days this season enriching the lives of the team and yourself
Want to spend 100 days on snow this season working with our amazing team and guests? Here’s your chance. We have several supervisor positions available.
· Steven Dowling’s family is growing and has opted to work closer to home – so the Youth Program Supervisor position is open. We’ll miss Steven for sure!
· Claire Thomforde-Garner has opted to work full time as an EMT this season, but will be teaching part time, so the Adult Lesson Supervisor position is open.
· Shannon Malamphy will likely be moving into a day supervisor position this season, so if you want to ski/ride all day and be the Night Lesson Supervisor, please apply.
· We also have a Weekend Program Lesson Supervisor position that we did not hire for last season due to our revised operations, but we are looking to fill this position this season – you’d be working with Trail Blazers, College, etc – if you recall Matt Hurley was in this role previously.
· We have a new position in the MLC – the Snowboard Training Coordinator – this role will be filled by a part time or full time snowboard instructor who is also a trainer and will support Kelly Howle, our Training Supervisor. Jenn Lockwood is our Alpine Training Coordinator.
· Emily Herle is focusing on her new Divisional Clinic Leader position and will be a Snowboard Trainer this season; she will continue to support the Adaptive program via training; we hope to see that program get back to where it was prior to last season’s low participation; at this time we are not planning to have a dedicated Adaptive Supervisor.
Don’t worry – the rest of your supervisor and manager team will be returning this season to support your awesome role enriching the lives of our guests through teaching snowsports!
So, with all these open positions, if you want to spend the winter working in one of the best schools (or know someone who would), please head over to link below – then search for “supervisor” and you’ll see all the positions.
Apply for a Supervisor position: https://www.skihood.com/en/jobs/current
The Season Locker Room has officially moved into the North Lodge (where the team space was last season); the Race Room will be ready for the clubs to have some dedicated lodge space right next door with easy access in and out; the Program Room has some revisions to add more space plus an Adaptive Equipment storage and fitting room; the MLC lockers will be relocated to the basement of the South Lodge – those of you who left items in your locker – we contacted you earlier – those items are still there, so contact me if you plan to retrieve them – this weekend would be a good time to do so; the MLC offices and “Full Timer” locker room are built out in the old Season Locker Room with an expanded team space next door to Human Resources.
We are hopeful that we can have more of a normal operating season so that you and our guests can take advantage of these remodeled spaces.
Have a great last few weeks of summer and look forward to seeing you back this fall and winter sliding on snow!
Yours in snowsports,