There are many questions about schedule commitments and goal hours, so here are some FAQ&As:
- If we called you off in advance of your scheduled shift then we ask that you kindly make up that scheduled shift. Just like when we postpone a program it is immediately re-scheduled for the following weekend (for example), and ideally you would be available too. If not, we will revise your schedule so you can meet your commitment.
- It works both ways for schedules: when you want to revise your schedule we can usually accommodate your request – I can’t think of a time when we have forced anyone to come to the mountain for work; that said when we need to revise your schedule, you should accommodate us as best you can.
- If you show up for a scheduled shift and you do not get any work that does count as a scheduled shift.
- Please keep in mind to that we do have goal hours for the season and an 18 shift instructor should strive to meet the 45 teaching hours; a 24 shift instructor should strive for the 60 hour goal for the season; this is in addition to / regardless of whether you have completed your schedule commitment or not.
- Choose days to schedule or reschedule yourself to achieve these teaching hour targets; this is a measure of your contribution to the team; back-lining and avoiding taking lessons does not help our team or you feel like a contributor to enriching people’s lives
- If you don’t want to teach lessons and be a contributing member of the team, then just buy a pass – it’s that easy.